'bout Revolution and FireBird

Júlio César Ködel kodel at terra.com.br
Thu Oct 2 08:49:02 EDT 2003

I was developing a commercial system in VB 6, but many clients request me Linux compatibility, which I can't achieve with VB, then, I found Revolution and downloaded a trial version to see its capabilities... I already know that Revolution have support for MySQL and ODBC, but I using FireBird (a Interbase compatible database engine). In Windows, I have an OCX DLL that implement ODBC with FireBird (and thus, allowing VB access to FireBird). But, I don't know how this work on Linux systems... It will be possible to use FireBird on Linux, or even ODBC? Any help on this issue will be welcome... ;-)

Thanx in advance,
Tenebree Software
http://www.tenebree.com