libURL get request Yahoo Quotes

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Tue Nov 25 21:38:16 EST 2003

Hi Kevin,

You are not wasting anybody's time and I apologise if I gave that
impression. The only thing is, that it is very hard to work out what
your problem can be without a bit more detail. Monte has assumed that
you are using POST but you may not be.

When I did this successfully, I did something like:

put URL
"http://table.finance.yahoo.com/table.csv?
s=AAPL&d=11&e=1&f=2003&g=d&a=10&b=1&c=2003&ignore=.csv" into tData

(put the script on a single line)

This gives me a comma-delimited set of data covering Apple's November
stock prices.
If you work out the parameters (a,b,c,d,e,f specify the dates, S is the
stock code) you can construct the URL on the fly and then get the data
directly.

I hope this helps but if I have misunderstood what you are trying to
do, please ask again, perhaps including some of the scripts you are
using.

Cheers,
Sarah
sarahr at genesearch.com.au