serialControlString

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Mon Nov 24 18:23:53 EST 2003

Tom,

If you are using my SerialTest stack, it will automatically receive any
data sent by the Brick, so the dot should just appear in the log field
on the right. To send the escape, I would make a copy of the Send
button, and replace the line:
   put fld "sendField" into theData
with
   put numToChar(27) into theData

This will send the escape, you can watch for the dot to return and then
try sending your command with the Send button.

This will be good for testing, but in your application, you will need
this to happen automatically, so you will need to keep reading and
checking until you get the dot. Or you could just send the escape, wait
for 1 tick and then send the command. Once you have worked out the
mechanism manually, you could edit the Send button to do that every
time.

It isn't clear what the end-of-line marker should be for either sending
or receiving. It may be that for sending, the number of bytes is fixed
so you don't need any terminator. My stack doesn't allow for using no
terminator, but if CR, LF or CRLF don't work, then try editing the send
& receive scripts to allow for no EOL. The send stuff is all in the
Send button. Receive is in the card script.

Cheers,
Sarah
sarahr at genesearch.com.au
http://www.troz.net/Rev/