Speeding up array initialization

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sun Nov 23 13:06:11 EST 2003

On Sunday, November 23, 2003, at 12:01 AM, jbv wrote:

>>> This script takes about 115 ticks.
>>
>> Seven seconds?
>>
>> Something is wrong.  This takes only 135 ms on my 1.25 GHz G4 on OS X
>> using Rev 2.1.1.  I would guess only half a second on a G3 at 300 MHz
>> using the same Revolution build.
>
> Actually, 115 ticks = 1.91 second...

Yes.  I think goofs like this make it harder for people to believe I
have a degree in mathematics.

BTW, I did try using union every row and it took slightly longer, so
that may not be the way to go.

Maybe there is a way to go using a property set that was initialized at
design time.  Others would be better at giving advice on using these.

Dar Scott