Unicode revisited, this time with htmlText

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Nov 22 12:26:55 EST 2003

tuviah snyder wrote:

>> it may well be that at the level of the HTML browser
>> engine there is a lot of conversion going on -- but I was speaking from
>> the point of the developer who uses Unicode in HTML.
> It's just that your specification is incompatible with the current HTML
> spec, and it is called HTMLText after all. I believe you suggested
>
> <unicode>your unicodetext of a field</unicode>
>
> We could possibly make this change, but the htmltext would only be readable
> within Rev.

I'm glad if that's a requiement, but it's a new one.

For example, specifying font sizes with an integer is not how the W3C
suggests it should be done, and thing like <font size="24"> can render
really huge in Netcape and other browsers, yet that's what Rev generates.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation