is among - problem

Steve Laming steve.laming at ntlworld.com
Fri Nov 21 19:38:25 EST 2003

One last point, I'm not sure if you wanted to include numbers 111, 222,333,
311 etc as duplicates but if you didn't, a simple test to add the numbers
and check the total would suffice to ensure that only one of each number
was present, so that the code now becomes:

On MouseUp
   put false into found
   put "1,2,3" into search$
   put sum (search$) into sumsearch
   --  sort field "myList"
   repeat with x = the number of lines in field "myList" down to 1
   put char 1 of line x of field "mylist" into test1
   put char 2 of line x of field "mylist" into test2
   put char 3 of line x of field "mylist" into test3
   If (test1+test2+test3) = sumsearch then
     If test1 is among the items of search$ and test2 is among the items of
search$ and test3 is among the items of search$ then
       If found then
         delete line x of field "myList"
         beep
       else