Linux Engine: Problems on Red Hat server with CGI

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Wed Nov 19 21:21:10 EST 2003

We recently moved some content to a new host (apolloservers.com) in
Austin Texas where we have a virtual server,  running on Red Hat Linux
7.1, Server Version p18. We downloaded and unzipped the Linux 2.1.2
engine from ftp://www.runrev.com/pub/engines/

and installed this in the cgi-bin of our site, set CHMOD to 755 and
tried to run some scripts.  These same scripts will work fine on a
Solaris running an old MC engine installed in exactly the same way.

##### Error log says: ######

[Wed Nov 19 20:04:23 2003] [error] [client 64.75.166.210] Premature end
of script headers:
/home/htstore/store.hinduismtoday.com/cgi-bin/subscribe.cgi
/home/htstore/store.hinduismtoday.com/cgi-bin/Linux: error while
No such file or directory

########

Anyone know what that means? "Shared libraries: libXext.so.6" ??

script is:

#!/home/htstore/store.hinduismtoday.com/cgi-bin/Linux:

## where "Linux" is the name of the engine file we uploaded
## and we are assuming the path is this string.

on startup
#  This script loops over all the environment variables
#  set by the server when it runs a CGI application printing out
#  its name and value.
#  loop over all of the global variables, getting name and value

repeat for each item i in the globals
     put i && "=" && value(i) & return after buffer
    end repeat
#write minimal set of HTTP headers to stdout
   read from stdin until empty
    put it after buffer
     put "Content-Type: text/plain" & cr
     put "Content-Length:" && the length of buffer & cr & cr
     put buffer
end startup

TIA
Sannyasin Sivakatirswami