Database - functionality for front end application

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Wed Nov 19 10:54:57 EST 2003

On Nov 16, 2003, at 10:52 AM, Jan Schenkel wrote:

> Beware that the above script doens't fix 'pasted'
> text, nor text that gets into your field via
> 'drag-and-drop'. There are ways of handling that,
> however.
> Have a look at the Transcript Dictionary entries for
> the 'pasteKey' and 'dragDrop' messages.

I have to chime in with Jan here. I recently was debugging a problem
where the EOF character was getting into a field and into the middle of
my string variables. Turns out that when you copy paste from MS Excel
cell contents on OS X, you get all kinds of weird control characters
including EOF. The field just displays it as text though.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software |
<http://mindlube.com>