Import Full Formated Text

Thomas J McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Wed Nov 19 12:46:46 EST 2003

I guess since I am more of the creative type and  work with clients
that supply content then this is a big matter for me. I want to
generally be able to add anything I can to a project and set it up as
an interactive application. I DON'T want to have to recreate from
scratch all of my clients documents, etc.

I am in negotiations with two book publishers that want to turn a
couple of their books into interactive stories complete with
animations, text, audio and movies. I will create the animation, audio
and movies since they don't exist but the text they used to print the
books with is already formatted in electronic format and I just want to
be able to cut and paste and/or import hundreds of pages of text into
text fields and move on - instead I have to start from scratch with
formating etc.

QUESTION: Two people have said "you can't create a fully-functional
word processor" - Is this a license issue. I must not have read that
part if it is. I am lazy at times in reading small print so I must have
missed this. HHMMMM. Now I want to know what else I can't do......

Thanks for all of your input, I guess I need to put this to bed.

Thanks Tom