Windows Misery

Graham Samuel graham.samuel at wanadoo.fr
Tue Nov 18 04:37:08 EST 2003

Thanks very much for the new replies on this issue from Cubist at aol.com and
Chipp Walters. Essentially what you guys are telliing me is that I'm very
likely to get into a memory problem with my animated GIFs in Windows ME and
98 (and 95 in my experience). Although I only animate them two at a time, I
guess I may have to abandon the animation done by the engine (or is it the
OS?) and roll my own as suggested. It's a good suggestion, but at the same
time it's a royal pain. I shall go down that path after just a few more
experiments in placing the GIFs in different places - but I'd still like to
hear from the RunRev team about any known limitations of the Windows engine
in older OSs.

Thanks again

Graham