Couple of basic questions

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Mon Nov 17 18:05:51 EST 2003

Hi David,

> The first question relates to the lock screen command.  I'm using
> RR2.1.1
> and OS 10.3.  I come from a HC background, and lock screen always did
> what
> I expected--you saw nothing change until the script finished, which is
> what
> the docs imply.  With my project (still in development) I want to lock
> the
> screen between the splash screen and the substacks opening (3) so that
> the
> user doesn't see the flickering between them.  However, except for a
> blank
> card at one point and the splash screen not showing at all, there's
> little
> difference.  Any ideas?

I'm not sure, but i think "lock screen" only applies to actions inside
one stack...

Means:

lock screen
set the loc of btn 1 to 200,300
unlock screen

will work, but

lock screen
close stack "x"
toplevel "stack y"

will not.

Someone correct me please, if i'm wrong.

> No. 2.  Don't global variables empty when a stack is removed from
> memory?

Yes, they do not empty.

> If not,

;-)

> where is the data stored?

In memory, but you can delete a global with:

delete global yourglobalvar

Hope that helps.

> Dave

Regards