Windows Misery

Graham Samuel graham.samuel at wanadoo.fr
Mon Nov 17 13:33:58 EST 2003

For those that remember, I've been trying to find out what makes an app of
mine work in Windows XP and Mac but not Windows 95,98 or ME. Well, I seem
to have found it in rather general terms (after my attempts to pin the
problem down to a single line of scripting failed) but I am none the wiser.

I have a card (the main display screen of the program) with 104 controls on
it, of which 18 are small animated GIFs (embedded, not referenced). As
files, the smallest of these is 19Kb and the largest 65Kb. The max number
of frames is 30 - so they are tiny. Nevertheless if these GIFs are deleted,
everything works normally - except of course I don't get my animations any
more.

If you were following this story, the GIFs turned up on this particular
card because they caused some other problem when on a different card to the
main one, where they were displayed via transparent buttons... anyway, I
don't know what all this is about and worse, I don't know how to get what I
want (the animated buttons without the glitches I experienced before).

I still think I need the RunRev team to tell me something about the Windows
engine, but of course I would be more than grateful for suggestions from
the list.

TIA

Graham