Player Progress?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Sat Nov 15 22:25:21 EST 2003

On Nov 15, 2003, at 12:43 AM, Scott Rossi wrote:

> On 11/14/03 10:59 PM, "Alejandro Tejada" <capellan2000 at tricom.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Maybe you could write to the Quicktime enginner who wrote some
>> articles in
>> MacTech
>
> Is this article reprinted somewhere?

As others have mentioned it is not online.  I was told it can usually
take a while to post the source code as well.  You can order the
article from DevDepot.  You can access the link from the MacTech
website.  The September issue introduces Revolution and QuickTime but
doesn't have any external code.  The October issue has most of the
external code but there will be some more in the last article which
will be in December I believe.

The article is excellent by the way.  It opens up a lot of possibilites
as far as enhancing QuickTime in Revolution.  Someone who knows C and
the QT API can add external commands for getting movie variables, set
up intermovie communication, etc.  I have been playing around with it
the last few days and it is very cool.  Unfortunately I am not much of
a C programmer but it is good to know what is possible.

There was series that Tim Monroe did on QuickTime sprites, flash, vr,
intermovie communication, etc. in 2001.  I am trying to get a hold of
those as that would facilitate adding additional QT functionality to
Revolution through the external.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia