What's Really Important/feedback please

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sat Nov 15 12:00:39 EST 2003

>But how to help that model grow up for prime time deployment in education
>(by which I mean, how to get teachers to embrace it)?

Hi Judy,

Your goal is admirable; good luck.

I would like to say, "If you build it, they will come to use it.";
but the Apple/Claris example of mismarketing HyperCard leaves me with
some misgivings.

OTOH, from my experience as HyperCard SIG Chair for the local MUG and
my participation on the HyperCard Lists, folks from educational
institutions were one of the largest segments of the HC user base.
Give teachers constrained by the limitations of Windows software a
Revolution knock-off of HC version 1.2 (plus color; minus 30K text
string limitation) and you should be off to a good start.

The issue then boils down to cost: if it supports unlimited
Transcript scripting, you can't give it away.  Or is your goal to
downplay the scripting and produce, in essence, HyperStudio with a
HyperCard UI?
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company