First Edited Message Threads Posted - Reactions?

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Sat Nov 15 02:33:51 EST 2003

On Oct 25, 2003, at 1:49 PM, Dan Shafer wrote:

> I've posted the first dozen message threads from this list in edited,
> threaded form on my Web site at http://www.revolutionpros.com. Click
> on "Best of List" in the top nav to see them.
>
> I'd be interested in some feedback (off-list is probably best to
> dan at shafermedia.com).

Dan, honest feedback:

I find the revolutionpros community to be kind of exclusionary. Only
people who can afford it will be participating. I would rather
participate in an open forum. There are systems that gateway between
mailing lists and web forums- if that is an issue.

And I'm not real impressed with the website design or the web forum
system, usability-wise. Lest that sound kind of harsh just know that
I'm not a big fan of web forums in general. They can pry my Apple
Mail.app out of my cold dead hands :-)

Anyways- still working through Vol.1 of the book. Glad I signed up for
the book deal. Thanks for getting the hyperlinked Contents in there.
Now with the new Preview.app on Mac OS X.3 it makes reading PDFs a lot
more pleasant.

Best,

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software |
<http://mindlube.com>