Help with AppleEvents

Paul Stary paul at starytech.com
Fri Nov 14 18:55:42 EST 2003

>Paul Stary wrote:
>
>>  What is up with this?
>>
>>  I have spent the day trying to figure out why the following statement
>>  works in SuperCard but NOT Revolution. I want to communicate with
>>  SuperCard on a remote Mac named "Remote Mac". SuperCard is running on
>>  that Mac. I execute the following statement from Revolution on my
>>  local Mac:
>>
>>  send beep to program "Remote Mac:SuperCard" without reply
>>  This is sooooo basic, what am I missing?
>
>Platform-independent paths.  Try:
>
>    "Remote/SuperCard"
>
>--
>  Richard Gaskin

I tried this also, but still comes back with "no such program". Has
anyone ever used AppleEvents FROM Revolution using the "send to
program"?  I am faithfully following the Transcript dictionary.

My ability to proceed using Revolution is done if this won't work.
--

Paul Stary
Audio-Video Engineering