Rendezvous, event loops, and why I need SDK docs

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Thu Nov 13 02:14:19 EST 2003

On 12/11/2003 21:08:02 use-revolution-bounces wrote:
>MisterX wrote:

>> So basically, we can overide all RR's scripts to build our own
>> IDE ;))
>
>Keep in mind that the RevIDE depends on its front and back scripts to
run.
>Overiding them wholesale may have unintended consequences.

That's the idea! ;)) A whole new experience... Im sure RR will plug this
sooner
or later I fear (?)... But it's the possibility that allows one to make
some better
tools than what you have so far.

>Writing an IDE is a lot of work.  I wonder if there's a more focused way
>apply changes to specific tools, like maybe simply replacing specific
>components as Richard Mathewson does.

I have a bunch of those coming down the pipe too.

>The script editor is located at:
>./components/properties palettes/revscripteditor.rev

Thanks!

>You could write an installer that renames the original to something like
>revscripteditorORIG.rev before copying yours in.  But test carefully! -
it
>would be a drag to have to reinstall Rev as the result of a bug in a
>third-party plug-in.

That's the procedure I use for the script editor X installer in MC.
But the RR Script editor is much more involved than the MC editor.
This is why a plug-in is a better idea. I dont want to touch the RR IDE if
possible
because any RR update means new bugs and major changes in the editor's
internals...

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of its affiliates or subsidiaries.

END OF DISCLAIMER