Problems with copy text

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Wed Nov 12 14:24:54 EST 2003

I have a list field which I populate with data and search. When a
search entry is found in the field I set the hilitedline of it so that
the user sees a line found in addition to the outlined word.

This looks fine but when I try to copy it nothing gets to the
clipboard. If I click on the line and select copy then the correct
information goes to the clipboard.

Here is the find script which is the script of a field:

local lineNumberFound
on keyDown
     find empty -- gets rid of the find box around text and resets find
to the beginning
     pass keyDown
end keyDown
on keyUp
   find field "Search Text" in field "Directory"
   put the foundLine into lineNumberFound
   set the hilitedLine of field "Directory" to word 2 of lineNumberFound
end keyUp
on returnInField
   send mouseUp to button "Find Next"
   put the foundLine into lineNumberFound
   set the hilitedLine of field "Directory" to word 2 of lineNumberFound
end returnInField
on arrowKey theKey
   if theKey is "up" then put word 2 of lineNumberFound - 1 into
lineNumberFound
   if theKey is "down" then put word 2 of lineNumberFound + 1 into
lineNumberFound
   set the hilitedLine of field "Directory" to lineNumberFound --
actually hilite line
   --  put the "Line " & hilitedLine of field "Directory" into
lineNumberFound -- "Line " is a dummy to get the number as 2nd word
end arrowKey

Is there something else I need to set in the search to "really" select
the line?

Mac OS 10.3.1 Rev 2.1.2

Bill Vlahos