bug in formatted prompt?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 12 13:23:47 EST 2003

--- "R. Hillen" <mail at richard-hillen.de> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> On Mac, OSX 10.2.8, Revolution 2.1 I wrote:
>
> on mouseup
>    answer "text1 "& "<p>" & "text2" with "ok"
> end mouseup
>
> and got
>
> ---------
> text1
> text2
> ---------
>
> The same script with Revolution 2.1.2 results in:
>
> ---------
> text1 <p>text2
> ---------
>
> Should it be a bug?
>
> May you help?
>
> Richard.

Hi Richard,

A quick peek at its script shows that the ANswer
dialog box has been updated, and now you'll have to
put the <p> tag on the first line in order to make it
display your text as html-formatted text.
There was a lot of discussion after RunRev 2.0 came
out, about the Answer dialog displaying things as
html-formatted text when it wasn't really htmlText.
And they fixed it for version 2.1.2.
So you should change the script to something like :
  on mouseup
            with "ok"
  end mouseup

Hope this helped,