OS 10.3 no launch Rev docs -- apple script ???

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Tue Nov 11 13:56:52 EST 2003

On Nov 11, 2003, at 11:35 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>> 10.3.1 is released in Software Update.
>
> I couldn't find a list of fixes -- got a URL?

Since 10.3.0 there have been 2 security updates, XCode update, iSync
and iTunes updates, and the 10.3.1 update.

See <http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/8848> about the
10.3.1

> Apple's page for the update at
> <http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/macosxupdate_10_3_1.html>
> has
> no list, and the installer includes no Read Me.
>
> I'll probably upgrade soon myself now that they're past dot-oh.

That seems to be the conservative way - a lot of people are doing that.

>   It just
> feels dirty, after paying $450 to get a working version of OS X (10.0
> and
> 10.1 were arguably of beta quality).

Boo hoo, you are out the cost of 1 Windows XP Pro license, over a
period of 4 years? Or the cost of 1 Red Hat Linux Enterprise License?
:-)

I don't mind that much. Heck I even got a .Mac membership because I
want to use Backup.app to do off-site backups to iDisk. Call me a
cheerleader, I don't care. :-)

"""Is starting all over again worth it? The short answer is "yes." The
long answer is . . . you'll have to see for yourself. Mac OS X 10.3 -
reviewed as only Ars Technica can."""
<http://www.arstechnica.com/reviews/003/panther/macosx-10.3-1.html>

The conclusion of the article, in a nutshell is: "10.3 is to 10.2 as
10.2 was to 10.0-10.1; major improvements, major new features"
<http://www.arstechnica.com/reviews/003/panther/macosx-10.3-14.html>

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software |
<http://mindlube.com>