Limit number of chars in a field

Robert Presender rpresender at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 10 19:39:32 EST 2003

Hi Glen,
I use the following which is probably not the only way one can go.
Select your own numbers.

put fld 1 into hold1
   get the num of chars of hold1
   if it >1 and it < 44 then
     repeat until the number of chars of hold1 = 44
        end repeat
   else
     if the num of chars of hold1 > 44 then
       put char 1 to 44 of hold1 into hold1
     end if
   end if

On Monday, November 10, 2003, at 12:43 PM, Bojsza wrote