Two questions

jbv jbv.silences at Club-Internet.fr
Mon Nov 10 16:12:04 EST 2003

> You see getting the screenRect is one thing but knowing when the
> screenRect is changed is what I want. I would prefer not to run a loop
> all of the time checking and waiting for the user to change it.

you don't need to run a loop. Just use something like :

send "checkScreen" to me in 1 seconds

for instance, put the following in your stack script :

on checkScreen
    Global oldRect
    if the screenrect is not oldRect then
        put the screenRect into oldRect
        --do something
    end if
    send "checkScreen" to me in 1 seconds
end checkScreen

It might need some tweaking, but you get the idea.
Besides, it shouldn't use too much CPU time...

JB