GIF animation problem

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sun Nov 9 12:09:44 EST 2003

On 11/9/03 8:40 AM, "Graham Samuel" <livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> However this has created another problem that I've never seen before:
> the app works in MacOS9, MacOSX and Windows XP, but consistently
> crashes on Windows 95 with an Invalid Page Fault. I have never heard
> of a RunRev standalone that works in one version of Windows and not
> another.
>
> Can anyone suggest what the problem is?

Not sure if this is related but I once developed a stack heavy with animated
GIFs that ran fine on Macs, but crashed a number of Windows machines (not
all).  The only solution was to reduce the number animated GIFs and use
buttons whose icons were set to the ids of the GIFs to create the illusion
of more than a few GIFs.

Alternatively, consider the fact the Win95 is a severely old system and
supporting it may be more trouble than it's worth to you.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design