Book Ordering Delays Caused by DOS Attack

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Sat Nov 8 21:56:28 EST 2003

> I think you're right. I'd bet the mentality is akin to terrorism.
> There are
> trained pros out there who are dealing with these things.

Not very successfully it would seem.

The spammers have teamed up with hackers and virus writers and it's big
business - organized crime even. Spammers make big money and they can
afford to hire real programmers.

Interesting psychological territory: everything from "script kiddies",
to psychotic antisocial genius hackers, the "hacker's ethic", black
hat, white hat. And vandals, and terrorists.

Just ran across this article as well.
<http://slashdot.org/articles/03/11/08/1950247.shtml?
tid=126&tid=128&tid=172>

Steven Levy's _Hackers_ is a good read if you want a documentary look
into the mindset.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software |
<http://mindlube.com>