MacOSX default button

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Sat Nov 8 20:46:37 EST 2003

On Nov 8, 2003, at 1:07 AM, diskot123 at juno.com wrote:
> This will be fixed in the next version of Rev, but only for panther
> and later.
>
> Panther added a new hitheme api to support printing appearence manager
> controls, and animated controls like pulsating buttons.
>
> As for Jaguar,10.1.x the new theme design gives us additional
> flexibility and what we can do is hard code an animated gif that the
> engine would just for the default button.

Tuviah, in Jaguar, Mail.app 1.3, the throbbing button in the Save As
dialog uses about 10-15% of CPU on a dual/800Mhz box. Do you think that
represents the goal- and is as good as it's going to get? and was the
problem in Revolution much worse? I don't know much about the HI
toolbox, but I do know that the throbbing buttons have always eaten
lots of CPU even in Cocoa and Carbon.

I agree with Scott about a bitmap button icon not being a good
substitute.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software |
<http://mindlube.com>