Mac OS X default button = 100% CPU usage

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 8 19:11:45 EST 2003

On Saturday, November 8, 2003, at 01:35  PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> A logical progression of this design philosophy would be:
>
> OS X 10.4:  the default button becomes an animated loop of a dancing
> chicken.
>
> OS X 10.5:  The animation is expanded to become a really nifty
> five-minute
> gorgeously produced movie of a large predatory cat hunting and feeding
> its
> young, with voiceover by Steve Jobs.  In order to make room for this
> expanded animation the dialog's content will be removed altogether.
>
> :)

Hilarious!

> In the first release of the Rev engine for OS X there was a bug that
> was
> arguably better than the OS design:  default buttons were colored but
> not
> animated.  Maybe Apple can be pursuaded to consider that, handing our
> clock
> cycles back and improving usability at the same time:

I would prefer this as an added value feature. I can't use that eye
straining distraction in my applications. Please get rid of the
animated blink or at least give us the option to use default buttons
that have normal or familiar colors. Having a default button that gets
its focus from a blue color works, blinking went out with the <blink>
tag in HTML.

Mark