semit OT : networking old Macs - how to ?

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Thu Nov 6 23:17:07 EST 2003

Hello JB,

> Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 21:36:45 +0100
> From: jbv <jbv.silences at Club-Internet.fr>
> Subject: Re: semit OT : networking old Macs - how to ?
-----------
Wow! You posed some fascinating questions. I have 3 older Mac PPC's I'd like
to network for power and storage, but I don't know how to take advantage.
Two of them have ethernet connection cards.

It'd be defintely cool to upgrade them with Sonnet G3 mainboards, but even
without that, networking them with a Rev system overlay for a set of
specific purposes would be the berries!

Another real good reason for using Linux for the Mac, too. According to some
articles I've read recently, old Macs run like the wind on Linux. Except RR
no longer supports Linux on the Mac.

Maybe we can start a grass roots campaign to return Rev Linux support to the
Mac (hint, hint ;-)

Ken N.

Ken N.