using Distribution Builder's "Save Distribution As..." option

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Wed Nov 5 19:49:12 EST 2003

On Nov 5, 2003, at 5:21 PM, Graham Samuel wrote:
> I've already had a grumble about the DB on this list, which does
> indeed seem thrown together to me - it has many rough edges. The one I
> hate most is that DB 'files' (they are really just versions of the DB
> stack AFAIKS) are not cross-platform, because they store paths in some
> platform-dependent way. I think the whole thing needs tidying up and
> this tidy-up should include the introduction of actual DB files
> (probably text files, why not?) which are independent of the
> particular version of the DB that produced them... but where does all
> this fit into the priority list of the RunRev team? Not that high, I
> would suggest, because the DB works just well enough.

I just noticed that this is in bugzilla #617 as a enhancement request.
This is one of those things that's either a bug, or an enhancement
request, depending if you are an engineer or a user. I suppose first
one has to believe that usability issues can be bugs. I believe they
can be.

There have been 10 enhancement requests and 29 bugs filed on
Distribution Builder. Of the enhancements, 5 are LATER/postponed. 1 is
FIXED. 2 WONT. 2 TBD.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software |
<http://mindlube.com>