Develop on Windows or Mac?

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Wed Nov 5 02:21:49 EST 2003

On Nov 4, 2003, at 5:51 PM, Paul Stary wrote:

> Which will machine will run Revolution faster? (I'm guessing the PC as
> much as it pains me to say)

The Rev IDE is fast in general, so both machines are plenty powerful.
The only areas where you will see a noticeable speed differences may be
startup, find/replace, and distribution builder.

> The project will ultimately run on Windows, so isn't there an
> advantage in developing on a Windows machine?

Yes - ditto what Ray said.

> Any input will be greatly appreciated, as I don't want to spend the
> extra money for Enterprise for the option when I wind up never running
> the development environment on both machines. Does it make sense to
> consider buying both Mac and Windows versions of Studio ($598) vs. the
> $999 Enterprise if I never plan to develop on other OS's?

Seems like you should be using the Windows IDE.

The Mac IDEs do have the advantage of being able to build standalones
for Mac OS Classic FAT and PPC targets. The Windows IDE can build for
Mac OS X but not the Classic Mac targets.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software |
<http://mindlube.com>