Pointer tool not working

JonathanC at ag.nsw.gov.au JonathanC at ag.nsw.gov.au
Mon Nov 3 18:07:53 EST 2003

(Please forgive my "newbie-ness".)

Then Sarah <sarahr at genesearch.com.au> wrote:

> What mode is the stack set to? It sounds as if it is either modeless or
> palette, in which case you can't edit it. This is useful for a Launcher
> stack as it means it is usable even when you are in edit mode, but you
> will have to do something different to edit the Launcher itself.
>
> Try right-clicking to bring up the contextual menu and setting the mode
> to top level so you can edit, then set it back. Alternatively, do all
> your editing via the Application Browser and then save from there.

Thanks. Yes, it WAS set to "modeless" but I really don't know how that
happened. I placed the stack in the "plugins" folder so that any handlers
I placed in the stack script would be available all the time (like
HyperCard's Home stack). Does this automatically make it a modeless stack?
What exactly is the difference between "Toplevel" and "Modeless" anyway?
Rev's documentation is not clear enough (for me :-) ).

Three other things I don't understand are:
1. Why, when I close "Launcher.rev" and then open it again, does it change
from Modeless to TopLevel by itself?
2. Why does "Launcher.rev" open automatically when I launch "Revolution"?
(I may have set this behaviour myself - after all it mimics HyperCard's
Home, which is what I want - but I have no idea how, if I did.)
3. Revolution's documentation says there's a Home stack, but where is it?

So many questions!
TIA,

Jonathan Cooper
Manager of Information / Website
Art Gallery of New South Wales
Sydney, Australia
http://www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au

This e-mail message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains
information which may be confidential.  If you are not the intended
recipient please advise the sender by return email, do not use or disclose
the contents, and delete the message and any attachments from your system.
 Unless specifically indicated, this email does not constitute formal
advice or commitment by the sender or the Art Gallery of NSW  (ABN 24 934
492 575) or its related entities.