Screen Flicker on WindowShape Change

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Sun Nov 2 05:36:43 EST 2003

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 , Igor Couto <igor at pixelmedia.com.au> wrote:

> Dear Jacqueline,
>
> Thank you for the info!
>
> On 01/11/2003, at 2:04 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>
> >> When I change the windowShape of a stack (from using one image to
> >> another as a shape mask), regardless of whether I 'lock screen', I
> >> always get a bad screen flicker.
> >
> > It can't be avoided. The OS draws the window, and the old window has
> > to be erased.
> >

> Damn! I should have realised that...
>
> Nevertheless, I seem to remember someone mentioning a trick which
> involved taking a screen shot, and making screen transitions between
> screen shots somehow... Does anyone remember what that was in regards
> to, and whether that would work in this context?
>
> Many, many thank,
>
> --
> Igor de Oliveira Couto

I get tolerable results here on my Windows computer, i.e. the flicker is
at least minmized when I first set the backpattern of the card to the
image and after that the windowshape:

on mouseUp
  lock screen
  set the backpattern of this cd to 1003
  set the windowshape of this stack to 1003
end mouseUp

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke