2.1.1 better and reliable ... but

Carsten Levin itrunrev at itinfo.dk
Sun Nov 2 03:46:10 EST 2003

Yes 2.1.1 seems to be a real improvement,

We are still stuck in 1.1.1 because of the problems in 2.X.X before
2.1.1 - we have tested 2.1.1 and it seems to be stable and robust ...
but then there are a few serious problems in the present beta. Most
annoying the keyboard cant be set to anything but GB/UK, it reverts at
once on Windows.
Another problem is that the directory (the current folder of the
Revolution application used to start the file) is out of order ... when
starting in development mode it is set correctly, when starting in
nondev mode it is set to either the location of the file (event though
this is not a stand-alone) ... rather confusing, and even worse since
on win 98 it seems to be set to C:/. Again this is a Windows only
problem.

We are absolutely confident that this is solved/will be solved in
upcomming versions/final release of 2.1.1 ... but we will strongly
advice against using the present version 2.1.1 for any work, at least
not if it is going to be deployed on Windows!

Our tests on the Mac are less problematic. Here the two above mentioned
errors does not exist.
We have used 2.1.1 on the Mac for weeks without a crash on Mac OS
10.2.6 an 10.2.8 ... waiting to hear if we can use Panther.
And Windows is very important to us as well.
But untill a workable version of 2.1.1 is published we will have to
keep our main work in 1.1.1

Best regards

Carsten