[OT] Rev on Linux PPC - Would you use it?

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Sat Nov 1 16:41:53 EST 2003

My lone linux student (using an intel box I think) has complained mightily
to me that he's had nothing but trouble trying to use the 30-day eval
version and so has given up (and  hence won't be buying it anytime soon).
(Mind you -- it's not like he's given me any specifics and just seemed to
be in a complaining mood).

Do any Rev Linux users out there have any general tips or 'gotcha's' that
they can pass along?

The MacAddict review noted that Rev seems to crash unexpectedly, but I've
honestly not had that problem since the OSX appearance manager thingy got
fixed...  It crashes ALOT in the class lab, but the machines in there only
have 128 MB RAM.

Thanks,

Judy