Discover revolution, would like comparison with ToolBook

rebolask at free.fr rebolask at free.fr
Sat May 31 02:53:01 EDT 2003

Hello,

Sorry it was a long time since I asked the question but I didn't have time.

I didn't try Revolution yet I just read the site. What are the best points of revolution which can be found or not in Toolbook.

If you know Tollbook very well (I have been an expert with this product by  being a consultant for Asymetrix and forming developpers but I gave up this product because Asymetrix has been a disaster commercially in France)  :

- it doesn't seem to support Activex whereas Toolbook does (Toolbook is not multiplatform)
then are components limited to revolution's ones ? For example I didn't see any tree component so how would you show for example a xml-type structure ?  advanced GUI: support of thin caption and always on top window

- equivalent of Toolbook's script in groups and if possible sharescript (script shared between several groups) ?

- equivalent of design (author) mode which can be scripted like runtime (reader) mode