Stack and Substacks... And I love Revolution 2!

Fran=?ISO-8859-1?B?5w==?=ois Cuneo francois.cuneo at cuk.ch
Fri May 30 03:02:01 EDT 2003

Hello!

Coming form HyperCard, Supercard and RealBasic, it's one thing that is not
clear for me:

Stack, Substack, and Applcations.

In SuperCard, you have a project with windows, like in RealBasic.

In Revolution, if I want to have in ONE application some different windows
(palette, modal window for dialogs b.e.) is it possble to have some
MainStack or is it better to work with substack?

What is the best?

If I have more than one Mainstack, is it possible to group them on one
application?

For this kink of basics problems, I have to say that it's difficult to know
WHERE to find documentation about it!

And finally, I have an important application (Cuk Livrets) in SuperCard 4 It
was a lot of work to pass them from 3.6 to 4.

Now, I have fast the same application (Cuk Calcul Oral) to pass in SuperCard
4, but really, I think that I will all rewrite in Revolution. Revolution 2
is really a beautiful application. It has all what I loved in HyperCard, and
all what I love in SuperCard, but with more features.

And RealBasic is good, but really, I prefer languages like hypertalk or
Transcript.

I just hope that Revolution, when I will finish my application, will not
dead like HyperCard!

I have read all the doc "From SuperCard to Revolution, but some basic things
like the Stack and Substack are not documented (or I have not find Where).

Finally: is it possible to search "substack" somewher in the online doc to
find in all the topics where it's explained?

Thank you for your answer(s).

Friendly

François

François Cuneo