Release 2.0r2 - Unexplained CPU usage shoots to 100% - Part 2

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Thu May 29 10:33:00 EDT 2003

--- sims <sims at ezpzapps.com> wrote:
> >This sounds like the same problem I've been having.
> >But I've experienced it on Windows.  Only problem
> is,
> >when I open my stack in 1.1.1, I don't see a
> >cREVGeneral custom property set.  Can I access it
> some
> >other way?  Please help.
>
> Try:
>
> put the customPropertySets of this stack
>
> If  cREVGeneral is the only one you have you can get
> rid
> of it by using:
>
> set the customPropertySets of this stack to empty
>
> sims
> --

DON'T DO THIS !!!  You'll remove _all_ the custom
properties, including the ones you may have used
yourself.
Go to the 'Properties' palette, click on the 'Custom'
tab ; click on the checkbox 'Show Revolution UI Custom
Properties' to show 'cREVGeneral' and any other custom
property sets managed by Revolution.

Some of the things stored in the cREVGeneral set :
- REVUniqueID : a unique ID, which is among other
things used in the geometry manager -- though it will
assign a new one if you delete tat particular cusrom
property
- bookmarks, handlerlist, tempScript, script : used by
the script editor to store your bookmarks, handler
names, text colouring and styling

Other cREV~ custom property sets contain information
for the geometry manager, for the database access and
table functions in version 2.0, etc.
So wiping this information can produce frustration.

Here's a tip for removing a specific custom property
set in its entirety from the selected object :
  put the customPropertySets of the selectedObject \
      into tCPSets
  set the wholeMatches to true
  delete line lineOffset("cREVGeneral",tCPSets) \
      of tCPSets
  set the customPropertySets of the selectedObject \
      to tCPSets

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====