Drag-And-Drop Image Fun

Tuviah M Snyder diskot123 at juno.com
Thu May 29 06:21:01 EDT 2003

>However, here's my take on things (UNTESTED) :
>- since it wants .PNG formatted image data, you'll
>need to convert both its imageData _and_ its
>maskData/alphaData into that format
>- you might want to look at the 'export' command in
>the dictionary ; it allows you to export to a file or
>even a container in a certain format (aha!)
>- you can then stuff this in the dragData["image"] and
>give it a whirl.
Just tested it and there seems to be a bug where dragging and dropping
images within Rev does not work. Will fix for 2.1. This is how it was
supposed to work:

source image:

on mousedown
        set the dragdata["image"] to the text of me -- where me is an
image
end mousedown

target image:

on dragenter
        if "image" is among the items of the keys(the dragdata) then --if
image is one of the available drag types
                set the acceptdrops to true
        end if
end dragenter

on dragdrop
         if "image" is among the items of the keys(the dragdata) then
                put the dragdata["image"] into me
        end if
        pass dragdrop
end dragdrop

The workaround is:

on mousedown
        set the dragdata["text"] to base64encode(the text of me)
--base64encode binary data as text
end mousedown

target image:

on dragenter
        if "text" is among the items of the keys(the dragdata) then
                set the acceptdrops to true
        end if
end dragenter

on dragdrop
         if "text" is among the items of the keys(the dragdata) then
                put base64decode(the dragdata["image"]) into me
        end if
        pass dragdrop
end dragdrop

Tuviah Snyder <tuviah at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Limited - Software at the Speed of Thought