Sending files to the Trash

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Wed May 28 20:00:01 EDT 2003

The Trash is a normal folder, just like any other, so if you can work
out the path to it, then you can just rename your file to that path
instead of using delete. I have only done this on Mac OS X, but here is
the method I use for finding the path to the Trash:

     put specialFolderPath("Desktop") into trashFolder
     set the itemDel to "/"
     put ".Trash/" into last item of trashFolder

Cheers,
Sarah
sarahr at genesearch.com.au
http://www.troz.net/Rev/