RevNet certification(?)

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Wed May 28 17:22:00 EDT 2003

On Thursday, May 22, 2003, at 03:20  PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> In the absence of any objective criteria, I may call the certificate
> program
> "Friends of Fourth World", and limit it to people I know personally
> (literally friends).  Since I know most of the folks likely to add
> lots of
> entries into RevNet's index, today it's not much of an issue.  But
> down the
> road, as Rev's audience grows, I'd like to find some means of verifying
> "trustworthiness" but without risking offending anyone.
>
> Any suggestions?

It occurs to me that the "web of trust" concept in public-key
cryptography, like PGP, would be appropriate in this situation. You
don't know person X, but a friend of a friend of a "Friends of Fourth
World" may be able to vouch for person X.

Maybe you can implement something like that in Revnet. Maybe something
with MD5 or the other built-in Rev tools

A google search for "web of trust" +PGP has lots of hits.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at ARCplanning.com
alrice at swcp.com