Download RR 2 ???

Mark Talluto revlists at canelasoftware.com
Wed May 28 14:50:56 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, May 28, 2003, at 02:04 AM, Jan Schenkel wrote:

> Hi Manuel,
>
> Combined with your other reply, concerning the 'backup
> stack file' that couldn't be written ;the conclusion
> must be : file permissions.
> - Are you logged in as the 'administrator' of the
> machine ?
> - Where are you putting the files : your own
> 'Applications' folder or the general one ?
> - Have you checked the read/write permissions for the
> directories where your files are placed ?
>
> If my memory serves me right, there was an issue with
> file permissions being set incorrectly in a version of
> MacOS X ; maybe your fellow MacOS X users can point
> you to the solution ?
>
> Hope this helps clear things up,
>
> Jan Schenkel.

Try booting up your computer with the OS X installation CD in the
drive.  Hold down the "C" key while startup is taking place.  Run the
permissions fix feature in the drive tools.  You will be able to find
that in the menubar.

This should fix you right up.  You may need to run it 2-3 times to get
it all cleared up.

Best regards,
Mark Talluto
http://www.canelasoftware.com