Going Mad With Unicode

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed May 28 04:08:01 EDT 2003

--- Igor Couto <igor at pixelmedia.com.au> wrote:
> Friend Revolutionaries,
>
> I have been trying to copy (via script) the contents
> of a field into a
> specific line in another field. The problem I'm
> experiencing is that
> the text contains roman-extended characters
> (Esperanto characters: Ä?,
> ĝ, ŝ, ĵ, ĥ and ŭ), and even though I've tried
> everything I can think
> of, using the 'unicodeText' and the 'htmlText'
> properties, I still
> cannot make it work.
>
> [snip]

> Many thanks,
>
> --
> Igor de Oliveira Couto

Hi Igor,

You can't set the unicodeText or htmlText of an
individual line ; they're 'all or nothing' properties
for the entire field.
However, this workaround might do the trick :

  put the htmlText of fld "source" into tSource
  put the htmltext of fld "target" into tTarget
  put tSource into line 2 of tTarget
  set the htmlText of fld "target" to tTarget

Most of the time, line i of the htmltext corresponds
to line i of the text ; if not, you'll have to do some
funny things with
  offset("<p>", tTarget)
  offset("</p>", tTarget)
to find out where line i of the text starts and ends
in the htmlText.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====