Nine to Five Reports and Rev

Dan Shafer dan at shafermedia.com
Tue May 27 21:46:00 EDT 2003

Several people commented on the discussion about the availability of a
Nine to Five Reports product equivalent in Revolution.

FWIW, I did not find Reports to be buggy, though it was a tad obtuse
and therefore easy to misuse, which may have been mistaken for bugs.
I'm sure there *were* bugs (all software has bugs except for mine! :-)
), but I wouldn't characterize Reports as "buggy."

I agree with the analysis that it would be easier to create reports
directly in Transcript than to try to mangle an external that would do
so. However, if someone came up with a stack/app in Rev that handled
most or all reporting functionality sufficiently generically and
extensibly, I think it would be a world-beater of an app. I'd buy one
for sure!

Dan Shafer
Technology Visionary - Technology Assessment - Documentation
"Looking at technology from every angle"
http://www.danshafer.com
831-648-1738 Voice - 831-401-2283 Fax