Password protect opening of stacks

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Mon May 26 20:12:00 EDT 2003

I have set the password of a stack, but my goal is to force someone to
enter the password on start up or Rev quits....

The stack has log in info for web sites in a substack, I need for these
to be visible to the user and enterable, saveable fields.  but then we
want to

Force a password in the open stack handler such that the string does
not need to be used in the handler itself and if the correct passkey is
not supplied, then revolution quits.

i studied the docs very carefull and the password and passkey concepts
are all about locking up the scripts and blocking modification, but i
want to password protect the actually booting of the stack. what is the
best way to handle this. I don't see anything in the doc on this.

I tried

on openStack
ask "Enter your password."

if not (it=the passkey of this stack) then quit
end openStack

but, even if I enter the password for the stack the above script will
always quit.

One would expect some kind of boolean option. but a simple test like
this like

put "theCorrectPasswordforthisStack" into tWord
if tWord = (the password of this stack) then answer "Hello!"

also doesn't work.

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami
Himalayan Academy Publications
at Kauai's Hindu Monastery