Brain-teaser: OCR in RR

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Mon May 26 15:47:01 EDT 2003

I'd make an Xcmd to do the bitwork to obtain the image:
(tiffWidth, tiffHeight info should be in the headers of the tiff file)

getThePattern(tiffData, tiffWidth, tiffHeight, blockwidth, blockHeight, offset)

which would return rawData of blockWidth and blockHeight

If you have to just determine if a barcode is there, then that should
be fairly easy -- compare start/sync bars at the beginning and end.

If you have to read the actual barcode numbers , I'd create another Xcmd.
these guys might do it: http://www.undu.com/DN960501/00000005.htm

If you do all of the reading and conversion in Transcript, you should
probably use arrays for speed. And prepare to futz around for a while.

quite a challenge. Nice project.

sqb