What the Shell is wrong here?

David Glasgow David.Glasgow at cstone-tr.nwest.nhs.uk
Thu May 22 05:06:00 EDT 2003

Thanks Richard,

As ever a very helpful perspective.  I probably spend more hours in front of Windows than I do Mac OS, but I just hadn't noticed that.  I never go near the Start menu, and wouldn't have guessed that that is the main entrance for most people.  I get irritated when installers put aliases anywhere without asking, so I have never really thought about it on my own software distributions.

And the backup point is interesting too.  I have just told folks where the data stack is, and said backing up is a Good Thing.  I suppose a backup button must be all of 7 lines of script?....hmmm. Food for thought.

Best wishes,

David Glasgow

Courses HTTP://www.i-Psych.co.uk