numbering backgrounds (was: background owners)

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed May 21 13:13:00 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, May 21, 2003, at 11:37 AM, Wilhelm Sanke wrote:

> I wrote "Indeed, Dave´s "number of cards" suggestion did the trick
> immediately."

But.  But.  His script controls the loop with "number of backgrounds"
and then refers to each one using "background x".  If I understood you
correctly (always a dangerous assumption), then there is a potential
problem.

Suppose card "A" has group "Alpha" placed on it and group "Alpha"
contains group "Beta".  Suppose group "Gamma" is unplaced.  There are
no other groups.

If I understand this, "number of backgrounds" would return 2.  However,
numbering might be like this:

Alpha   1
Beta    2
Gamma   3

Group "Gamma" would be missed in the loop, if "background x" could
refer to groups in that manner.

(A consequence of your observation is that "background" now has _three_
meanings.  Sigh.)

Dar