Multiline message box on a PC laptop?????

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Tue May 20 22:00:01 EDT 2003

At 2:18PM -0700 5/20/03, Howard Bornstein wrote:
>>Does control-Enter work for you in the script editor? (I can't check this
>>directly since I don't have a PC laptop here.) I want to check first
>>whether this works on your setup, since I know there's a handler for it in
>>the script editor.
>
>Yes, Ctrl-Enter acts as both an Apply and a close-script-window cmmand.
>However, in the muiltiline message box, it just toggles the cursor
>between the top and bottom pane.

OK, I'll bug report this, but meanwhile here is a workaround for you:

1. In Preferences, turn on "Contextual menus work in Revolution windows" if
it's not already on.

2. In the message box, with the multi-line mode showing,
control-shift-right-click the top field and choose "Edit Script" from the
menu. Add the following to the script:

on returnInField
  if the controlKey is down then revExecuteMessage
  else pass returnInField
end returnInField

3. Apply and close the script.

4. Control-shift-right-click again and choose "Save" from the "Card &
Stack" submenu.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
Runtime Revolution Limited - Software at the Speed of Thought
http://www.runrev.com/