background owners (and Re: unplaced grp)

miscdas at boxfrog.com miscdas at boxfrog.com
Tue May 20 14:50:02 EDT 2003

Wilhelm Sanke writes:
[snip]
================
Mr. Sanke,

It seems to me the short answer to your query:
>> Is there a quick way to know which of a stack`s backgrounds (groups with
>> background behavior set to true) are on no card?

A stack background that is not on any card is removed. Removed groups don't
exist. So, do this:

put the backgroundIds of this stack into field "List"
repeat for each line L in field "List"
   if not exists(group Id L) then
     put "Background ID" && L & cr after field "Exist"
   end if
 end repeat

Here is an important point: if you remove a group, it is placed into the
stack background WITH THE BACKGROUND BEHAVIOR SET TO TRUE, even if it was
NOT set before it was removed.  You can use the backgoundIds function to
verify this behavior for yourself.

miscdas