how do a create a file with real linefeeds and real returns?

kee nethery kee at kagi.com
Tue May 20 01:11:01 EDT 2003

I cannot figure out how to make Revolution do what I tell it to do.

I am running revolution on Windows and MacOS X and I want to create a
file that is not for either platform, it must be constructed according
to the specifications of a web site so that it can be uploaded.

Each line in this upload file MUST end with a return linefeed. This is
an ASCII(13) followed by an ASCII(10).

When I try to do this on MacOS X, Revolution decides that numtochar(10)
should really be a numtochar(13) (or visa versa) and instead of a file
that is exactly as it should be for uploading to a web site, I get a
file that has a blank line between each line and does not follow the
specification.

How do I get Revolution to stop second guessing my intent on line
endings in a text file and to just do what I am asking it to do?

Kee Nethery