Crashing stack in Mac OS9

Jan Bleeker jan.bleeker at xs4all.nl
Mon May 19 14:07:01 EDT 2003

Mac OS 9.1 Dutch
Rev 1.1.1

Hi,

since the release of Rev 1.1.1 I have been building a stack to manage
data for Dutch swimming clubs (member data, matches, etc).
Since last week the stack crashes the Revolution environment with a
type 2 error. The stack opens, does some checking (data-stacks
present?), starts to use 2 "library"-stacks, and then when filling
(well, trying to) some dozen fields on various cards of the substack
'memberdata': the crash.
So I went back a couple of versions, but after removing personal data
from fields and saving those stacks, they crash too. So I changed the
in-use-stacks, changed datastacks: same desastrous results.
Put Rev 1.1.1 in a disk-image, downloaded Rev 2.0 RC1. Same crash.

However,
the same stack opens without problems in W98SE with Rev 2.0 RC1. Did
even some changing and saving.
The stack opens in Mac OS X with Rev 2.0 RC1 too.

So, what is going on?
  - Did I stumble upon "something strange" in the Mac OS9 environment
  - Or did some corruption get into the stack; if so, does anyone know
how to locate the offending object?

(While being on OS X I can confirm that Rev looses track of hours
when converting a time to seconds, subtracting 50 minutes, and
converting the seconds back to time. Somewhere an hour is added.
13:30 minus 50 minutes becomes 13:40).

--
Groetjes,
Jan Bleeker

Er zijn 10 soorten mensen - zij die het binaire stelsel snappen,
en zij die het niet snappen.